The Fellowship has a strong commitment to environmental sustainability. We previously had a specific committee on environmental action, the MVUUF Environmental Action Group. This group no longer exists as a specific Social Action group; but individual projects and activities continue, some under the MVUUF Operations Green Team, contact Mike Fanelli.
Some of our current and former projects include:
- Leading worship services that focus on environmental issues
- Conducting an energy audit of our facility with follow-up corrective actions
- Providing information on ethical eating and other sustainability issues
- Group clean-up projects in connection with the MetroParks
- Water Quality Testing along Wolf Creek
The Miami Valley Unitarian Universalist Fellowship is a certified green facility based on a Dayton Regional Green (DRG3) review/survey.
We also maintain a wetland at the east end of our property and use it for educational purposes.
Additionally, we provide a paper recycling bin in our parking lot for use by members, friends, and neighbors.
During normal times, the Environmental Learning Book Club meets every other month to read and discuss informative books related to environmental issues. At the current time, during precautions around COVID-19, this book group is not meeting in person or online.
You may check the Fellowship calendar for scheduling of events in general.