The Fellowship has a strong commitment to environmental sustainability. We previously had a specific committee on environmental action, the MVUUF Environmental Action Group. This group no longer exists as a specific committee, but individual projects and activities continue.
Some of our current and former projects include:
- Leading worship services that focus on environmental issues
- Conducting an energy audit of our facility with follow-up corrective actions
- Providing information on ethical eating and other sustainability issues
- Group clean-up projects in connection with the MetroParks
- Water Quality Testing along Wolf Creek
We maintain a wetland at the east end of our property and use it for educational purposes.
We also provide a paper recycling bin in our parking lot for use by members, friends, and neighbors.
The Environmental Learning Book Club meets every other month to read and discuss informative books related to environmental issues. We will meet next on Monday, October 21st, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. We are currently reading The Inner Life Of Animals: Love, Grief, and Compassion: Surprising Observations of a Hidden World, by Peter Wohlleben. This book is the second book in The Mysteries of Nature Trilogy by Wohlleben, who is a German forester. Book one is The Hidden Life of Trees, and the third book is The Secret Wisdom of Nature.
Check the Fellowship calendar for this book group and for events in general.